FASTag is a simple to use, reloadable tag which enables automatic deduction of toll charges and lets you pass through the toll plaza without stopping for the cash transaction. FASTag is linked to a prepaid account from which the applicable toll amount is deducted. The tag employs Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology and is affixed on the vehicle’s windscreen after the tag account is active. FASTag is a perfect solution for a hassle free trip on national highways. FASTag is presently operational at 407 toll plazas across national and state highways. More toll plazas will be brought under the FASTag program in the future.
How FASTag Works ?
No Waiting at Tolls Users has more Convenience for Cashless payments by using Fastag and no more waiting at toll plazas and save time. Scan Fastag at toll Plaza As the vehicle reaches the toll plaza, a unique identification number that is embedded on the tag is read by road side RFID reader. Amount Deducted from Wallet Applicable toll amount is deducted from a prepaid account that is linked to that particular FASTag , passes the vehicle without interrupt.
Features and Benefits of FASTag :
- Ease of payment – No need to carry cash for the toll transactions and saves time
- Near non-stop movement of vehicles leading to lower fuel cost.
- Online Recharge – FASTag can be recharged online through Credit Card / Debit Card or Net banking
- SMS alerts for toll transactions, low balance, recharges etc.
- Online Portal for Customers, Bank, Vendors
- FASTag Validity of 5 Years
- Environmental benefits
- Reduced air pollution
- Reduced use of paper
- Social benefits
- Reduced toll payment hassles
- Analytics for better highway management
- Economic benefits
- Reduced effort in management at toll plaza
- Reduced effort in monitoring centrally